RE: false use of OBie on Ebay (OT)

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: false use of OBie on Ebay (OT)
From: "Steve Shoyer" <Steve@shoyer.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2001 23:35:43 -0400
>>> ... We really need to rid ourselves of the vultures and
>>> scam artists that prowl the ethereal Internet. ...

I was checking my server logs once and saw a lot of hits from eBay and
other auction sites for a picture of something I had sold a few months
earlier, and found that a number of people (including one business
site!) were linking to the picture I had used in my auction, and were
just pointing to it on my server instead of copying the picture to their
own server.  After I was done being pissed, I was able to amuse myself
by substituting the picture for a different one and pulling up the
offending auctions for a TiVo recorder which were then displaying a very
cute picture of my daughter.  I don't know how it affected the bidding
:)

--Steve (1980 MGB, 1997 daughter)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list