mech fuel pump on a B?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mech fuel pump on a B?
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <egmakris@otenet.gr>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 16:19:17 +0300
Has anyone tried using a mechanical fuel pump on your B engine? The
B-Series equipped 1798cc Marinas (with twin HS4's) used the SU
AUF800/AZX1818 series mechanical twin-turret fuel pumps, so why can't we
try it too? It would mean less maintenance headaches and a safer car
too.

Will the camshaft drive the pump? I don't know. My block still has its
original red colour, never mind the black cylinder head and the
irrelevant engine number plate. I guess the only way to find out is to
try it...

Cheers
Evangelos
73 BGT