FW: Upholstery Questions...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: FW: Upholstery Questions...
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 02:43:55 -0400
Hi Dan,

Yes you must glue the seatback to the cover - at least the part where you'll
be leaning to.
The cardboard side will be fitting allright without glue.

The 3M spraycan is very usable. Apply it to both sides - foam and cover. Let
it dry for one or two minutes see instructions on the can. Advantage to use
this glue is, that you can adjust to a correct fitting without loosing the
glue effect.

Worked very well for me.
My seats look like new afterwards and it's a very rewarding job.
The Porter manual was very clear for me on the rest of the process.
The toughest job was to fit new webbings, I used help of two sons with that.

Good luck.

Cheers,

Hans