And They're Off!

To: "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: And They're Off!
From: "Phil Vanner" <phil@outtech.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:35:21 -0500
Ten cars left from Monroe, Wisconsin on a 24 hour run to St. Paul at 8:30
this morning. Four TD's, two B roadsters and a V-8 GT, two A Coupes, and a
ZB Magnette. No Spridgets.

So far we have an on-the-fly carb R&R, and an alternator replacement. (Both
still running.) The alternator swap was quite a feat: getting one while on
the road, in rural Wisconsin, on a Sunday, took some doing. Last report was
that they were back on the road and doing fine. He was buying batteries to
keep running until he met up with the alternator. Press On!

The Magnette is out with a bad voltage regulator. They're waiting in Madison
for replacement tomorrow.

I wished I could have been with them, but it was still a great day for a
fast run back to the Twin Cites, after seeing them off.

Phil Vanner

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list