Carbs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carbs
From: "William T Snyder, II" <wtsnyder@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2001 22:20:59 -0400
Hello list. I have a '66B with an earlier 3-main engine fitted with
original SU carbs. I recently tried fiddling with the rich/lean
adjustment using an SU synchronizer tool. I now have the car running best
with both jet-adjusting nuts fully tightened and I still don't have full
synchronization. The car starts well (please don't strike me, Prince of
Darkness!).

Does this mean that I need new needles? If so, how do I determine which
type, and where does one start to retune from scratch? What signs
determine that the carbs are in need of a complete rebuild, and is this a
job to be attempted by a neophyte (i.e. me)?

Thanks in advance for your answers.
Bill Snyder
'66MGB
'72BGT