Re: Real MGs? - was Re: SV, NASCAR and F1

To: "James Nazarian Jr" <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>
Subject: Re: Real MGs? - was Re: SV, NASCAR and F1
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2001 09:28:05 -0700
James,

I fully agree that the racing of MGFs and the rally cars are worthwhile
endeavors, as the cars at least bear some resemblance to what the dealer is
selling. My gripe was that the Le Mans car was not an MG just because it had
an engine based on the one used in the MGF.

At least the Audi, Mercedes, Porsche, et al, cars raced at Le Mans are built
by the companies whose name they bear, and incorporate the engineering and
design ideas of those companies. The "MG" was mostly Lola, as I understand
it.

Still, I guess I'm in the minority here, as NASCAR is incredibly popular and
people seem to believe that the cars they see racing really are Chevrolets,
Pontiacs and Fords..................!

Lawrie