MGA brakes behaving badly

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGA brakes behaving badly
From: "Valerie Stabenow" <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 09:12:37 -0500
Even though I made sure to work the brakes while I was reassembling
the MGA, they have decided to be a PITA.

Combination clutch/brake MC, clutch is OK (for now?!)
Symptoms: think one rear was stuck on, but drove around the yard
backwards and it seemed to free up. However, the brake pedal is very
stiff..I can feel freeplay before the pushrod contacts the brake
cylinder piston, but the pedal doesn't go down much farther after
that. The brakes work, but unevenly.

I tried just jabbing the brake pedal while the car was stopped and
think that loosened it up a bit.

What more can I do? thinking I may have to replace the rear wheel
cylinders.

any help appreciated,

Valerie

///