Re: MGA brakes behaving badly

To: hlub34a@aeroinc.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: MGA brakes behaving badly
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:40:23 EDT
In a message dated 7/5/01 10:13:58 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
hlub34a@aeroinc.net writes:

> I tried just jabbing the brake pedal while the car was stopped and
> think that loosened it up a bit.
>
> What more can I do? thinking I may have to replace the rear wheel
> cylinders.

How old are the flex lines?  They can collapse inside and cause this kind of
symptom.  They may let pressure in but not back out again, causing the brakes
to lock.  Brakes are cheap, don't skimp on the repair.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport