Loss from the community

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Loss from the community
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 19:16:09 -0400
  I must report of the death of Alan Raynes a long time MG enthusiast. He
had  been waging a 2 year battle with ALS and died in his sleep last night.
He was from York Harbor, Maine and a member of the New England MG Car Club,
and the New England MG T Register. Many people knew him in the Northeast
for his MG J-type that was immaculate and well driven. He also drove a
black pull handle B and a red MGA. He Leaves his wife Nancy. This just a
quick note as I just got the call from the club President. As an
interesting note, the word was relayed to him at Castle in the Clouds in
New Hampshire. It is an annual destination for the club and Alan and Nancy
enjoyed coming up each year for the great picnic spread that the members
would put together. Last year Alan was the recipient of the Chairman's Cup
Award at the British Invasion in Stowe, Vt.
Visiting hours for those interested are
Tuesday,  5-8 at the Lucas Funeral Home in York

Funeral is sched for Wed 11am location unknown at this time

E-mail me for more information as to the services for those in the area and
interested
Judy and I will be bringing our 67B for the procession, I think he would
have liked that.

Carl French
67B
80B