Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CAM2 Racing Fuel
From: eric@erickson.on.net
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:12:32 +0930
Dave Munro wrote:

> A run through the paddock of an AMA Superbike event will have you tripping
> over the empties. These guys usually buy it in 5 gallon cans, because it is
> so volatile that it "goes off" really quickly. Did you check the price?
> $10/Canadian/gallon in a 45 gal. drum lot the last time we got some. Lets
> see, that would be about $110 a fillup in my "B".

This will give you an idea of the price of high performance fuels (I pay
$AU1.35/
40 per litre for AVGAS - and now find I must run SOME AVGAS/105+ octane stuff
in
the tank at all times).

http://www.elffuel.com/Webpage/RaceFuelPricing.html

We have just had a major rally event (Aust. Rally Championship) this past
weekend
and the serious guys (who are also running in the World Rally Championship)
claim
they are doing 2km per litre of this stuff.

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///