Re: Warped front discs

To: Ajhsys@aol.com, Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com, eric@erickson.on.net,
Subject: Re: Warped front discs
From: Eugene Balinski <eugeneb@nni.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:10:32 -0300
At 10:24 AM 7/16/01 EDT, Ajhsys@aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 7/16/01 8:48:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com writes:
>
>> solution.
>>

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>Also, use a torque wrench set to the correct spec when you re-install.  use
>the torque wrench on the wheel lugs as well.  A lot of warping is caused by
>overtightening.

   This is true.  I have seen it first hand on my Subaru.  It was prone
to disc warping when the tires were changed.  After having them warped by a
tire store,
I had to make sure that when anyone changed or rotated the tires, that they
would ONLY hand tighten
the lugs - no air tools.  Never had the trouble after that.

   Apparently there is now someting called a "torque sticks" which is placed
on the end of the air wrench between the
wrench and the lug, and has lessened the tendency to warp discs.  The torque
sticks come in
different colors for different torque ramge ratings.  I do not know the
actual method by which they
control the torque.  But I digress...

Gene Balinski
80 B