Visit from uncle lucas

To: "MG NET" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Visit from uncle lucas
From: "Tom Bott" <tcbump@leading.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 12:22:24 -0400
Good day list,
I have a 79 MGB that has sat for some time and I am now in the process of
putting back on the road.  I have been following suggestions from this list
and particulary  Barneys site on things to check and do etc. before attempting
to crank.  I have noticed that when I connect the battery, the "ignition" dash
light come on without keys even being in switch.  Same for the turn signals if
turn switch is on (steady light but does not flash).  When I disconnect the
plug to the alternator, the ignition light goes out, but the turn signal light
stays on.  There is no change when I put the key in and turn to the on
position.  Would a bad alternator cause this?  I have not attempted to start
car yet, should I?
As always, any advice will be welcome.

Thanks  Tom

///