Re: Virus "Subject IKEA"

To: Fisher & Elizabeth Jones <fisher@hctc.net>, mgs
Subject: Re: Virus "Subject IKEA"
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:34:19 -0600
List & Fisher:

I too recieved that virus.  It came with NO message but had two
attached files from: "Alex Urquhart"<alu@telusplanet.net>   I
looked at the first file which has a .txt extension.  I suppose I
was taking a chance here.  It says:

"Hi! How are you?

I send you this file in order to have your advice

See you later. Thanks""

The second file is IKEA.xls.bat.  That "bat" extension means it
the file is a batch file and executable just like any exe file.
Besides the poor wording of the message, the subject heading and
return address looked "fishy."  So I placed the file in the trash
basket and emailed the sender asking who he was and what help he
wanted.  I said if I didn't get any reply WITH NO ATTACHMENTS the
message was going to be deleted which it will now.

Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list