RE: Mig Welding tips and tricks

To: "'mgs'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Mig Welding tips and tricks
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:34:27 -0600
Blake is correct about using a  75% Argon and 25% C02 mixture, and the
auto hobbyist might prefer the better looking bead you get with the
"blended" gas.

I would only add that having a bottle of straight CO2 around is handy,
as the straight CO2 will allow you a deeper penetrating weld when you
are trying to weld steel that is at the limit of your machines
capability.

Larry Hoy

be better, but I opted for the mix as it's a
>little cheaper.
>
>Blake

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list