Re: My B doesn't like me (I am not to fond of my MGA right now

To: "Bob Howard" <mgbob@juno.com>, <mts3@Ra.MsState.Edu>
Subject: Re: My B doesn't like me (I am not to fond of my MGA right now
From: "Mike Razor" <mrazor@mis.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:11:26 -0400
I am not overly fond of my MGA either!  It laid down on me Sunday
night on the way back from a car meet in Ohio.  Braided hose that goes
from the engine to the fitting, that then goes to the copper pipe,
which in turn feeds the pressure gauge, gave way while traveling
through rural Southern, Indiana on a Sunday evening.  No tow service,
no parts and had every wrench but the 7/16th I needed.  Have to say
people in that area are as nice as any I have ever had the pleasure to
come into contact with.  No less than 4 people stopped to offer help.
Three people brought me the needed tools, oil and a high pressure
water line, which was used to jury rig a replacement hose.  This
worked pretty well in a pinch.  Pulled the fittings out of the
trashed-out braided hose, put them in the water hose, which was a
fairly good fit, used small hose clamps to secure them to the water
hose and then put it in place as if it were made for the car.  It
carried us over 20 miles to the next town, where I waited for my son
and one of our club members to bring my trailer.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list