Z-cars

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "neil cotty work" <n.cotty@teleplan-uk.com>
Subject: Z-cars
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:41:59 +0100
Just got back from a test drive of the ZS 180 in full canary yellow -
brilliant (drive and colour)!  Very tractable in traffic, pulls well from
low down, a bit of a snarl (a bit muted ofter the V8, perhaps) when you put
your foot down, and a smooth delivery of power.  Really sharp steering and
powerful brakes, very flat although comfortable drive over 'nomal' tarmac
surfaces, you can only feel the stiffness of the suspension over bad
surfaces.  Mind you, having only driven two 25-year-old cars for the last
six years comparisons with its competitors are probably not my strongest
suit.  It really looks the part - although maybe that boot spoiler is a tad
over the top - and fantastic value.  Sat in the ZR but the pedal positioning
really is poor (no worse than the 25 though).  The clutch pedal is strangely
1/2" to 1" higher than the brake in all three cars making it a bit of a
stretch with my aging ankles to move foot from rest to pedal while keeping
the heel on the floor.  Heel-and-toe is easy - although not so much 'heel'
as opposite sides of the ball of the foot.

Move over (now where have I heard that before?) Corrado VR6 and make room
for the ZS.  All I have to do now is convince the Navigator.

PaulH.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list