Re: Virus (OT)

To: "Martin" <martin@virtual-motors.com>
Subject: Re: Virus (OT)
From: "Gordie Bird" <mg_bird@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 17:59:42 -0400
Yeh, what he said!  I've been using MS Outlook since 1996 and have never
even had one virus.  I've no love for MS but their products work and are
easy to use.
NEVER open an attachment you are not expecting is a simple rule to follow.

LBC content - It appears as though Jeff Zorn's miss at 3500rpm in his A may
be  related to a cylinder sleeve.  It seems to have 'shifted' down.  The
head is now off and the engine is coming back out.

Safety Fast!
Gordie Bird
62 MGA
80 MGB
86 Audi 4kq

> > The other option is don't use Microsoft products.
> > I've recieved all the name brand viruses and
> > I've never had an ifection. Thats becuase I don't use
> > Microsoft Outlook products. All the virus problems
> > can be traced to the poor security of Microsoft Products.
>
> Blaming Microsoft's products for user ignorance?  Just because Microsoft
> Outlook products are the predominant email software for the vast majority
of
> internet users, does not excuse the fact that each and every one of these
> viruses that have affected Microsoft Outlook had to be user initiated!  By
> that I mean, the user opened and viewed the attachment at his or her will.
>
> Viruses (and more specifically virus writers) will always be finding ways
> exploit the most popular software, if they didn't exploit the most popular
> software it would defeat the purpose of writing a replicating virus to
begin
> with.
>
> Yes there are security issues with Outlook, but none that which are so
fatal
> and lethal that user awareness can not stop them.  User awareness is the
> issue here, not just Microsoft's poor security practices.
>
> Kai (internet user since 1994, one virus ever, using Microsoft Outlook
> Express since 1998 on Microsoft Windows and the Sun Solaris operating
> system)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list