Re: carb conversion dilemma

To: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Subject: Re: carb conversion dilemma
From: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:24:41 -0400
David,

      The ports aren't in the castings of the HS4, they're in the air cleaners.
 At
least that's been my experience.  You can use either the PCV valve into the
intake
manifold, or the tubes into the air cleaners.  I've used both techniques (not
simultaneously).

Bud Krueger

David Councill wrote:

<snip>

> The problem is with the crankcase breather if I'm using the correct term.
> On the 70s models, this tube has a Y-splitter that splits the one tube into
> two which connect to ports on the sides of the SU carbs. The older SU carbs
> do not have these ports. Instead, the tube connects to the PCV valve that
> goes into the intake manifold.
>
> I'm inclined to plug this tube off. Can I do this? Or do I need a vacuum on
> the line?
>
> In short, any one else encounter this problem and if so, how did you handle
>it?
>
> David

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list