Re: is there a non destructive way to remove the side moulding

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Subject: Re: is there a non destructive way to remove the side moulding
From: Chad Cooper <mgb72@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:05:11 -0700
There are 6 retainers (one for each chrome piece) that have nuts on the back of
them which will come off with the chrome piece.  These "retainers" are held on
by a 5/16" nut. The two for the front chrome pieces are toward the front of the
fender, you can find the nut by feeling around under there.  The two for the
doors unfortunately are only accessible by removing the door panels.  Finally,
the two at the rear are accessible from the trunk or boot area.  After all of
these are loose...
  Just push down from the top and pull outward on the bottom lip of the chrome
piece at the same time, they should come. You may need to get them started by
prying gently with a screw driver (still pushing down). Once the first one
snaps
off the rest of the strip comes easier since you have something to hold on to.

EMPcoLWE@aol.com wrote:

>     I'm prepping the MGB to paint, and need to remove the narrow steel ( or
> aluminium, what ever) strips without destroying them or the things that hold
> them on.
>     I just know the BFH approach wouldn't work.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list