Re: is there a non destructive way to remove the side moulding

To: EMPcoLWE@aol.com
Subject: Re: is there a non destructive way to remove the side moulding
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:09:49 -0400
Eric,
  It's easy.  At the end of each strip is a T-shaped (for want of better
word) bolt that has its nut inside the fenders and door.  Find that
little nut and remove. Then the bolt will be lifted up from the body, and
the strip will slide right off, forward on the front fenders; aft on the
rear fenders and doors. What is left are little buttons held on by rivets
that can be drilled out.
Bob

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001 18:35:17 EDT EMPcoLWE@aol.com writes:
>     I'm prepping the MGB to paint, and need to remove the narrow
> steel ( or
> aluminium, what ever) strips without destroying them or the things
> that hold
> them on.
>     I just know the BFH approach wouldn't work.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list