vintage air in mgb

To: mgbv8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: vintage air in mgb
From: CraigFaubel@aol.com
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:45:01 EDT
I'm doing a v8 (Ford) conversion, and I'm just starting looking at Vintage
Air for a/c (hot rods get hot).  Has ayone done this?  I've allowed myself
almost complete freedom to pursue functionality, so I dont mind altering the
interior sheetmetal to allow solutions.  Specifically, I'm looking for tips
on placement and size of compressor, condensor, type, size and location of
the evaporator, and suggestions for venting.  Knowing what doesnt work can be
as useful as what does work.  I'm looking at replacing the MG heater
completely, and putting the unit inside under the dash with vents at the
corners of the dash (MG switches are removed already), windscreen,  and at
the feet somehow.  I dont know about the radio yet.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list