Re: Fw: SUSAN

To: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>, "MGS Digest" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Fw: SUSAN
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:14:19 -0500
DO NOT OPEN THE ATTACHMENT !!!

This is a virus message going around.  When someone opens the attachment
the message can relay itself to anyone or everyone in the address book, and
in the process can clip on a new attachment at random and modify the
sender's address and the subject line.  As such this can appear to come
from anyone, and seldom from the same address, and generally with a
different appearant attachment.  The attachment may seem to be benign, but
it can have the hidden virus included.  But the body of the message seems
to be pretty consistent.

Barney Gaylord (not an expert on computer viruses)

At 06:53 PM 7/30/2001 +0100, paul.hunt1@virgin.net wrote:
>Anyone know this Eddie Cole?  He seems to have a mail address that relates
>to MG but he has sent me an attachment and there is no way I'm going to open
>it.
>
>PaulH.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list