Re: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)

To: MG <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Competition, was: New Arrival (soon)
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 00:03:30 +0930
Rick Lindsay wrote:

> >  ...I have a 71 TR6 to drive, but that doesn't go over very well
> > at the MG gatherings
>
>    This is one I have never understood.  WHY the competition
> between MG and the other classic British marques?

Rick, it is primarily between MG and Tr****h because many people
(rightly or wrongly) attribute an amount of the blame for the demise of
MG on a budgetary and focus shift to the Tr****h at the time.

For the full stroy, you need to ask someone, like Ed, who was there when
it was all happening ;-)

Besides, in Australia it is Ford versus Holden - so it seems there is
always some room for good healthy competition in every country/class of car:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia

///