Re: Car Not Starting

To: "Jesse Robinson" <jesse@crka-architects.com>,
Subject: Re: Car Not Starting
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 20:29:44 +0100
The usual cause of rapid clicking of the solenoid is either a flat battery
or bad connections in the heavy-current circuit.  However I have had the
same symptom even with a good battery and verified heavy-current
connections, and it turned out to be a bad connection in the solenoid
operate circuit.  This meant there was just enough voltage to operate the
solenoid, but as soon as the voltage made its normal drop once the starter
came into play, it fell below the hold-in voltage of the solenoid.

PaulH.