RE: Hair and a hello to Rui

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Hair and a hello to Rui
From: "Greg Bass" <gregbass@atlantadental.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 13:22:47 -0400
It didn't show as infected here either will. I run McAfee on one machine and
Nortons on a couple of others. All dat files are current as of yesterday. As
for the "never open an
unidentified attachment, you should be safe" statement, that is somewhat
true. I've been in contact with several other system administrators that
where pulling their hair out fighting the Sircam virus. It seems that once
introduced on a network, the possibility exsists for it to spread across the
shared drives without opening ANY email attachments. BTW FYI it seems that
Win2000 might be "immune" to the SirCam because it of the directory name
difference of the Recycler vs Recycle directories.

And a late Hello to Rui. Glad to have you aboard.

> Behalf Of Dave Munroe
> I too run Norton 2000 and keep it current, but it missed the
> sircam worm
> which arrived in my "in-box" before it was identified. If you
> never open an
> unidentified attachment, you should be safe.

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list