Fwd: british leyland side badge

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: british leyland side badge
From: REasterby@aol.com
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:24:38 EDT
From: REasterby@aol.com
Full-name: REasterby
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 08:22:32 EDT
Subject: Re: british leyland side badge
To: danhackney@nc.rr.com
CC: mgs@autoteamx.net

Dan,  Do you have both of the originals??? If so I can tell you how to
restore them.
My 72 GT has the taped on ones, but the stud type finish is the same. Polish
the Aluminium (silver) area with a good metal polish, I even used "Micro
Mesh" wet/dry through the grades 1500-6000 and then polished. Then get a can
of the "Tudor Blue" as used for your windshield washer bottle holder and
spray the badges. Let them dry and then lightly sand off the paint from the
badge exposing the silver areas polished previously. the blue painted
lettering & Leyland will be safe due to it being recessed below the silver
polished surface. FYI for installation, I opted to apply refrig magnet
material to the back surface and only place them on the car at car shows. If
you need more info, Let me know!!!GL
Ray Easterby
72 BGT orig owner
60 MGA 1600 Mk1 Coupe'