Re: One more time...

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: One more time...
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:03:23 EDT
In a message dated 8/24/01 1:40:27 PM Central Daylight Time,
mvheim@studiolimage.com writes:

> Seriously, are you saying the spark plug snapped off below the hex? Jeepers.
> That should still leave about 1/2 inch of the threaded part in the hole. My
> only suggestion is to flood it with penetrating oil like PB Blaster (not
> WD40), wait overnight, and then drill the center about 1/4 - 3/8 inch deep
> for an Easy-Out. If you don't drill all the way through you won't dump
> anything into the cylinder. Even if some drilling debris falls in there it
> probably won't make any difference to a motor this neglected, anyway. You
> could keep a shop vac trained on the area while you're drilling to minimize
> fallout. Easy-Outs are notorious for breaking off themselves, but someone I
> know just succeeded in using one, so at least you have a chance. Good luck.
>
> If the preceding assumption is correct I would add a couple of steps to
> this suggestion.

> ) Put in the 3 new plugs using anti sieze and warm the engine before
> attempting to use the ez-out.
>
> 2) After sucessfuly removing the stub use a small magnet pencil that will
fit through the hole to remove as much debris as possible from the cylinderg.

3) Flood the cylinder with oil and turn the engine over to push out the oui
and somne more debris .

4) Install the new plug and pray if you believe.

George

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list