Sender resistance

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sender resistance
From: "Rick Lindsay" <ROLindsay@Emeraldgrc.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 09:25:57 -0500
Hi Gang,
   I did a little maintenance on my fuel tank, the pick-up
tube and the fuel level sender last night.  Mostly, I was in
clean-up mode.  However, the scientist in me made me
test the sender and measure the resistance at settings
between empty and full.  Here's what I found using my
old analog meter.  The numbers are imprecise but I wanted
to watch for jumps in the hand (indicating a damaged
variable resistor) rather than record high precision resistance
measurements.  The analog ohmmeter is better for this.

Full tank: ~20 ohms
Empty tank: ~200 ohms.

   About 6 months ago I measured the current necessary
to make full scale indications on the gauges -- but of course,
I can't find that data now. :-|   Yet, if we had that data, we
could now "close the loop."

Best regards,

rick (a.k.a. Geek)

///