The return of the tube shock question

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: The return of the tube shock question
From: ATWEDITOR@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 15:56:59 EDT
Esteemed list:

It has been a while since I saw this question asked, but I need to have it
repeated:   What is a good substitute shock for a B with the rear tube shock
conversation when the driver gets tired of hearing his wife sigh heavily
while bouncing down a concrete road?

My GT's PO did tubes all the way around and lowered the front, but the ride
in the rear especially is as rough as the proverbial cob, rougher than my
roadster with the same rear conversion.  So first I'd like to try a softer
shock.

If that doesn't do the trick, then I'll suspect the rear springs.  Even
though the front was clearly lowered with the shorter coil springs, the car
sits nearly level, leading me to believe that the rear springs have lost
their sprung.  However, cheaper and easier first, that's my motto.

Any suggestions?

Jay Donoghue
72B
72B-GT