The return of the tube shock question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: The return of the tube shock question
From: "British Sportscar Center" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 14:17:26 -0700
The simple way to tell if it's the shocks or the springs which are at fault
is to remove the shocks & take your wife for a ride. Soft & bouncy ride
means the shocks are too stiff; little change in the ride means the springs
are too firm.

If it proves to be the shocks, take them to a local parts store and see if
you can find a shock that has the same overall lengths, open and closed, and
the same upper and lower mounting styles, but with softer valving.

If it proves to be the springs, refer to numerous recent posts about ride
height, stiffness, etc.   {VBG}

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center