Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 69 B tuning -- what are we missing here?
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2001 11:10:42 -0700
I'm sure you're right, Larry. The only reason I can even see the big one is
I pried it forward with a screwdriver. But the balancer would have to come
off to get at the other ones.

As for how they get that way, I could hypothesize one scenario: pulling the
engine, where you have to scoot it forward while lifting it to clear the
crossmember, and they didn't quite clear (at 75K miles I suppose this car
might have had a clutch replacement sometime). They are in a pretty
vulnerable position down there, not to mention inconvenient.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149
If you're near Mountain View, CA,