Re: question on taking out engine

To: rexcats <rexcats@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: question on taking out engine
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 14:13:17 -0600 (MDT)
I questioned the same thing a few years back.  IIRC the problem is
re-installing the engine and getting it mated up to the transmission.  All the
books I have pull them together.  Pulling the tranny really ins't very hard
either.  Just the bolts on the crossmember mount and the driveshaft.
Re-installing the crossmemeber can be hard. Just jack it way up and put it on
stands as high off the ground as you can when you go to bolt the tranny back in
and it will be easier.

Look at the condition of your rubber on the transmission mounts.  If it is
worn, that might make the decision for you.  Better to do it now, then worry
about it later.

On Mon, 24 Sep 2001, rexcats wrote:

> I think this weekend we will be ready to pull the engine on the 79 MGB, so
> is it easier to remove the engine with the transmission attached or not!
> Also when it goes back in is it better attached or not.  Any other words of
> wisdom on pulling a 79 MGB engine are appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Lisa Ann

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list