MGBGT parts car in Livermore CA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGBGT parts car in Livermore CA
From: Larry Colen <lrcar@red4est.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2001 18:14:36 -0700
Folks,

There is an ad for a 1967 MGBGT parts car in this months copy of the Wheel.

The body has rust "in all the usual places" but he has nearly two cars
worth of parts. Is there anyone in or near Livermore that would be
willing and able to go check it out for me? Likewise is there anyone that
would be interested in divvying up the cost and parts?.
The car does not run, but I have a van and trailer so could throw in
transportation as part of my contribution to the deal.

There is one other person that has called (as of 6PM Monday eve) but
who has not yet looked at the car.

I've got prior commitments for this evening, so if you're interested
call up George and check it out. If you want to keep the whole mess of
parts yourself, my finders fee will be first refusal on any good parts
that you end up selling off later.

My cell phone number is 831-818-7729
My preferred email address for personal email is lrc@red4est.com
lrcar@red4est.com is just for my britcar list email.

   Larry

These are my notes from the conversation:

George Fisk
'67 mgbgt parts $500
925-443-6570
livermore
the car is from albequerkie (how to spell?)
not driven in CA in 16 years
started up a few times, not driven
extra engine (two engines)
lots of parts
usual rust on side panels, almost 2 cars
Not O/D neither tranny (two trannies, don't know if they are 4 synchro)

parked outside since 1985
rocker panel rust
rust around wheel wells
looks like hell
wire wheels
tattered interior
can't just drive it away
two engines
lots of trim parts
extra radiator
extra bonnet
a fair amount of trim rubber that may have rotted

--
I've found something worse than oldies station that play the music I used to
listen to. Oldies stations that play the "new" music I used to complain about.

----- End forwarded message -----

///