Crane ignition/goofy tach

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Crane ignition/goofy tach
From: "Robert Krauss" <kraussra@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 08:29:36 -0400
Folks,
I need some help with this one.  I installed a Crane 700 electronic ignition
in my 76 MGB.  All works well with the exception of the tach which appears
(I'm guessing) to be reading double.  The Crane instructions gives the fix
for the older tachs but simply tells you to open up the newer ones to fix
the problem.  I opened it up and did not find anything that could be
adjusted.  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has been through this.
  The Crane hot line was no help!
Thanks,
Bob
76' B