diagnostic help-left turn grinding

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: diagnostic help-left turn grinding
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2001 12:00:58 -0400 (EDT)
Hi all.
        Just when I thought I'd get through the year without a
problem, one crops up and there are 4 'local' shows this weekend and next!

:{

Thought I was beginning to have a brake problem with my left front, but
then I noticed that a grinding noise only happened when I turned left,
slowly,
fast, doesn't matter. It is a clear grinding noise that does increase with
velocity (~few mph to 20 mph).

Can a wheel bearing be so selective in its failure?

The noise is absent going straight ahead and to the right.
Two questions:
i) can you think of any other observations I could make to narrow the
problem down and
ii) any and all suggestions are welcome.
TIA

Bill Saidel
'76B

///