Re: Last weekends

To: mghirsch <mghirsch@netzero.net>, Jeff Schulte <JEFFERYCAR@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Last weekends
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 21:47:06 -0700
Maynard,
Your not going to believe this.  I went to put the original 25D Distributor,
with
Petronics ignition system, in last night to check everything once more and the
car started right up.  Must be a loose wire somewhere but I can't find it.  I'm
afraid to take it out and get stuck again.
Jim
78B Lucas kiss of death ...running again...I think
70B  still waiting for accelerator cable

mghirsch wrote:

> This can be frustrating.  Remember an engine needs three things to run, air,
> fuel, and spark.
>
> Assuming you checked the spark correctly and there is none, we have to start
> someplace.  With the ignition on, the white wire to the distributor should
> show 12+volts.If not, there is a problem with the igntion switch or the wire.
> Trace it.
>
> If there is 12v, I need to know more:  Stock distributor with points, stock
> distributor with a pointless system installed, or an aftermarket distributor
> altogether?
>
> Maynard Hirsch
> 78B
> 67B