On going starting saga solved.

To: "Mgs@autox.team.net" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: On going starting saga solved.
From: James Schulte <schultejim@prodigy.net>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 20:23:12 -0700
Gang,
I finally found out why the car was having a problem starting.  Two
areas were involved.  First area was a small wire in the starter
solenoid that kept coming off.  Second problem was the ignition relay
switch.   Symptoms of ignition relay was car would turn over and fire
but when I let go of the key the engine would shut off.  There is a
white wire with green trace that goes from ignition to the relay. At the
relay I disconnected the brown wire which comes from fuse 7 and
connected it to the white with brown trace from fuse 5  and was able to
start the car.  My buddy Mark is bringing a relay from his parts car so
I can go to MG's at Mercer in Doylestown tomorrow.  See you there.
Jim

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///