Computer Help Please (no LBC)

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Computer Help Please (no LBC)
From: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 07:14:23 -0500
Sorry to bomb the list with this problem, but I know there are some computer
whizzes out there.  A couple weeks ago our office got hit with the nimda
virus.  It affected all our computers that where connected to the server, as
well as our server.  We cleaned the virus off, but now we can't get on the
internet for more than a couple web pages.  After you look at a couple
pages, the computer can't find the server, for email or internet.  I was
told this is a result of the nimda virus.  We have one computer that wasn't
infected, and it works properly.  All the computers that got infected are
the same.

Can anyone help?  Please reply off list if you have any idea how to fix this
problem.

For info, I am running Windows ME, using Outlook for email and IE6.  I know
a lot are going to day get away from Microsoft, but at this time that is not
an option in this office.  Other machines in the office are running Windows
NT, 2000, and 98, using Netscape, Outlook Express, and IE5 or 6, all with
the same results.  We have a cable modem service.  When the problem occurs,
you need to shut the computer off then restart to get back to the system.  I
can receive mail almost all day with no problem so long as I stay away from
the internet.

Our computer folks are taking about a reformat, but I'm trying to avoid that
if possible.

Thanks in advance,

Ken

///