starting saga

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: starting saga
From: Montgomery Morris <mmorris@nemr.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:43:52 -0700
Starting week four of the starting saga: car sometimes starts and runs,
starts missing then dies and will restart in 30 minutes or so, run 10
minutes then die. Most of the time it fires but will not continue to run
once key is released. Fuel and temp guages work sometimes then quit (I have
a new instrument voltage stabalizer to put on, but haven't yet). Ran fine
for three months until this.
I have: traced every wire I can find and sanded all connections.
        replaced the ignition relay and starter relay
        replaced the ignition switch.
        replaced the coil.
        replaced the distributor ballast resistor.
        sanded  and tightened the ground wire to battery.
        replaced the fuel filter, after cutting it open-no residue in filter.
PO replaced original ignition and changed it to electronic ign. with the
module on the wheel well (probably years ago). I have a new crane X-700 in
the box.

Any ideas? Thanks to everyone that has offered suggestions.

Frustrated as hell,
Monte 79B

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list