OK, another engine swap related question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OK, another engine swap related question
From: "Michael Carnell" <carnellm@palmettobug.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 12:24:41 -0400
I got such good answers on the engine swap question that I decided to try
you guys again!

So, after diving into my engine problems I found that the problem is only in
the head (the car's, not mine).  Since the spare engine I have has a good
head, I was thinking about just swaping them.  Can I put the head from a
~1972 B on the block of a 1976?  I know the rocker arm structure is slightly
different due to the water outlet at the back for the water choke, but what
if I swap the entire head?  I don't need the outlet since I have a manual
choke, and from what I can see the passageways between block and head look
the same on both motors.

Any thoughts?