Changing Clutch M/C

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Changing Clutch M/C
From: "Scott Allen" <scottinarl@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2001 17:58:03 +0000
Hi,

After leaking clutch hydraulic fluid ruined a pair of good shoes, I finally
decided it's time to replace the system in my 74 1/2 BGT.  The slave
cylinder and line look pretty straight-forward, (albeit the caveats about
bleeding the system that have been floating around this list since I joined)
but the M/C looks like it's going to be a b***h to replace.

I've heard about using a 1/2" socket through a hole in the firewall to get
to it, but it was pretty vague...  As such, does anyone on the list have any
suggestions on how to make the job easier?

Any help appreciated.

Scott Allen

74 1/2 BGT
52 TD