Re: Some ignition system questions...

To: "Eugene Balinski" <eugeneb@nni.com>,
Subject: Re: Some ignition system questions...
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 19:27:32 +0100
Originally CB cars had 12v coils and RB had 6v coils.  Based on recommended
plug gaps the 12v coil was of 'standard' output.  That for the 6v coil was
originally 25 thou (i.e. standard) but in 1976 went up to 35 thou (i.e. the
same as for a sport coil) but whether this was a belated change for a sport
coil or for emissions reasons I don't know.  North America had a different
6v coil to everyone else, and it changed again for the last few cars i.e.
1980.