electrics 79 B

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: electrics 79 B
From: Michael Jose <mwjose@home.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 02:07:19 -0700
a couple of things here getting my electrics straightened out.

Alternators:
I keep going through them. Of course, I'm using the Checker rebuilds
with a lifetime warranty, but I get sick of replacing them every few
months, usually two or three times before I get one to last.  What could
be causing this? What should I check?

Gauges:
I know that a bad temp and fuel are caused by the stabiliser going out.
What causes a tach to lose function? It was working fine before I
replaced my main harness, it was sporadic, and now has stopped working
altogether.  I didn't touch any of the instrument wiring with the new
harness except to unplug and the plug the two connectors to the main
harness.  Any suggestions on what to check?

Time delay buzzer:
What does this thing do?  I've never heard it buzz, Haynes says it's not
serviceable, but has to be replaced, but it seems like it's
unavailable.  Before I mangle my new wiring just to attach its
connector, I want to know if it serves any purpose at all.

I think that's all for now, I apologize for the tone here, I'm just very
frustrated that I replaced so much of my wiring to have things stop
working that have always worked.  That's why I labeled everything and
put it back in the way it was!
Thanks in advance.
Mike Jose
79 B
Phoenix (awesome weather for driving right now--just need to beat the
damned Braves!)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///