rear end clunk

To: "MG" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: rear end clunk
From: "Phillip Farmer" <pilot@ccc-cable.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 18:52:00 -0500
Couple of questions?

Getting ready to put in new thrust washers so I spent this evening taking
pictures of the differential guts and studying it and the moss catalog.

What holds the axle in place if you can just drive it out?

Apparently the roll pin (pinion peg) is sheared.  The pinion pin rotates
with the gears as the cage turns.  I assume this was potentially a major
potential problem.  The gears should rotate on the pinion pin.  Is this
correct?

What could have caused the roll pin to shear?  The ends are still in place.

Phil Farmer

Resume:  www.ccc-cable.net/~swimmer

870-367-3318 home
870-818-6623 cell