Re: Bouncy Tach!

To: John.Hed@faa.gov, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Bouncy Tach!
From: JERTIGGER2@cs.com
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 08:48:56 EDT
In a message dated 10/24/2001 3:04:40 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
John.Hed@faa.gov writes:

> I have a 71 MGB and the tach needle really "bounces" around at speed and it
> is
> definitely not the correct RPM either.  I replaced it with a spare but it
> does
> the same thing, but a little less intensity.  I recently read in someone's
> British Car Magazine that said this is caused by installation of those
> "invisible" electronic breakerless ignition systems, like the Petronics one
> installed that fits right inside the distributer.

There are some electronic systems such as Crane etc. that cause needle
bounce, the pertronics does not unless there is something wring with your
tach or tach system.

I did a lot of research before I installed a pertronics in my Lotus Europa TC.
I installed the pertronics and tach works fine.

Jerry Rein
73 Midget
72 Lotus Europa TC

///