Bouncy Tach!

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bouncy Tach!
From: "John Hed"<John.Hed@faa.gov>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 11:31:12 -0400
I posted this earlier but can find no response in my digests so I'm not sure if
it got thru.

I have a 71 MGB and the tach needle really "bounces" around at speed and it is
definitely not the correct RPM either.  I replaced it with a spare but it does
the same thing, but a little less intensity.  I recently read in someone's
British Car Magazine that said this is caused by installation of those
"invisible" electronic breakerless ignition systems, like the Petronics one I
installed that fits right inside the distributer.

 Has anyone else run into this?  If so, how do I fix it?  Lots of these systems
have been sold, so there must be a solution out there somewhere!  Thanks

John Hed
Seattle WA
71 MGB
58 MGA