Re: List introduction

To: "MG Mail List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "John Bunda"
Subject: Re: List introduction
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 18:17:59 -0700
A single owner car, with an owner who is a family member sounds like a great
start.  You should have no unknown history to deal with, though you will have
to be careful with the use of the acronymn DPO (Dumb Previous Owner, or worse
depending on the severity of the flaw.  )   when describing the history of
your LBC. (Little British Car.)

The list is a little mad ad Ed right now. Ed goes off now and then, and the
list goes of at Ed now and then. Try to disregard those.

If you get flamed, don't worry about it. In my mind, any question is a good
question. Do get a manual if you don't have one however as looking it up can
save time.  There are several good ones.  I have three.  The Haynes, a Porter
MG Restoration hard back, and a Green one that is titlled "Workshop
Manual" with offical BL labels.  (I have never seen another like it, so I don't
know the name used by the rest of the work for it.

I will try to help if I can, so will others.

On Sun, 28 Oct 2001 17:56:54 -0600, John Bunda wrote:

>Hello all,
>A family member has offered me his '73 MGB roadster, one
>owner, 60K miles, orange/black, no overdrive, Rostyle wheels.
>The car was resprayed about 5 years ago, no obvious rust
>problems, otherwise mostly original.  Recent top and carpet,
>serviceable seats, gauges all work.   Well (if perhaps not fanatically
>and meticulously) maintained. Drives fine.  Does $5k for
>such a beast seem correct?
>
>Anyhow, I'll probably get my hands on the car in the next
>couple of weeks, and I look forward to some interaction
>about (gasp!) care and feeding of MGB's ;-)

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///