Re: Questions....should be moderated

To: spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Questions....should be moderated
From: Gonaj@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 09:47:39 EST
The question of a Moderator brings front the question of what this list is to
be.  Some of us would like to view it as a conversation among friends with a
common interest.  To that end a Moderator would be deleterious.  That sort of
conversation will naturally drift off topic and sometimes rants which seem
inappropriate will occur but friends allow friends to rant.  Sometimes that
is part of the charm of a character.  In contrast it could be maintained as
strictly a forum for questions and answers but for some that would become too
boring.  Should we then moderate what questions are worthy and which are
either too simple to allow bandwidth or have been answered so often before
that they are no longer worthy.  If we did that there would be very few posts.

George

///
///  mgs@autox.team.net mailing list
///