Re: New Member Questions

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: New Member Questions
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:40:15 -0800
Steve's suggestions are all very good. I have one more book to recommend:
Road & Track's Used Car Classics. Probably no longer in print but it might
be found at a library, or on the web through one of the used book finders. I
mention this book because of its even-handed, knowledgeable, and sometimes
humorous coverage of many inexpensive sports cars, not just MGs. I find the
author's statements correspond very closely to my own experiences.

I might also suggest trying to hook up with a local MG club. It may be too
late in the season to catch any shows or driving events, but you might be
able to attend a tech session, business meeting, or pub outing. This would
give you a chance to speak with owners, get the benefit of informed
opinions, and compare the various models in person.

Good luck. I have a friend in lower Manhattan that has a 67 Midget. I
believe it's now parked at a relative's on Long Island, however. I might add
that it doesn't seem to have been a very practical vehicle to keep parked on
the street in the city, at least for a non-mechanic that drove it only on
weekends.

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149