Re: New Member Questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New Member Questions
From: DOUGLAS_RUSSELL@nyc.yr.com
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 13:05:13 -0500
Hey gang - It has been a very long time but I do get a chance every now and
the to catch up on the digest.

I must admit that I've not been a very loyal LBC follower since moving to
Long Island from PA in 2000.  I have vetted my collection of 5 LBCs to 2 -
the 69 C Roadster and the 69 B Roadster are what remains.   I have turned
my attentions to boating.  When I moved to LI, I moved onto the water off
the Great South Bay and have 100' of bulkhead. I have acquired sufficient
watercraft to occupy 92' of the 100' of bulkhead - barely enough to keep
them from hitting each other as the tide ebbs and flows.  But what fun it
is walking out my backdoor onto a boat and then heading out to the open
water.  Almost as good as riding topless wrapped in British Steel;-)

Now for some LBC stuff -

My 69 B seems to be suffering from a frozen clutch.  After ignoring my
precious B for a good six months, the clutch pedal hangs freely -
absolutely no resistance at all.  Do I have the diagnosis correct - frozen
clutch?  If so, what is the remedy?

My 69C, which I have not been ignoring - had it out last weekend - seems to
have a problem getting the clutch engaged.  When I depress on the clutch,
it will slip into gear but then when I release the pedal it does not grab
and the pedal does not seem to rise.  Is this the slave hose collapsing and
giving up the ghost?  Yes, there if fluid in there.

Anyway, I will appreciate any thoughts on these problems, as I'd like to
tackle them before the winter hibernation.

My commentary on today's topicality  - I agree with the notes about not
having the group moderated - generally everyone is well behaved, once in a
while the group decompensates.  That's life.  A rather large smile
developed on my face when I read the reference to Zappa, beer and cats ?
glad to see even these off topic topics pop up every now and then.

Is anyone picking on Larry Macy these days?

Warmest regards,

Dr. Doug
69 B Roadster
69 C Roadster
26' Formula PC
25' Donzi Regatta
18' Stingray Bow Rider
23' Sea Coast Sail Boat

This transmission is confidential and intended
solely for the person or organization to whom
it is addressed.  It may contain privileged and
confidential information.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you should not copy,
distribute or take any action in reliance on it.

If you have received this transmission in error,
please notify the sender at the e-mail address above.